Friday, December 28, 2007
New Years Eve (Already!) and Real Estate Goals for 2008
Another fast and furious year is coming to an end. I have an additional climatic event nearby too - my 40th birthday at the end of January - big party to be announced! The end of the year and the end of a decade make me think about life. What have I accomplished? Where am I going? What do I want to achieve?
This afternoon, the immediate family and I are taking an afternoon break to write our goals for 2008 - appropriately or not - at the luxurious lobby of the Fairmont Hotel in downtown San Jose. It would have been better at Hotel Valencia if they had anything that resembled a lobby! Hotel V - I love you - you know that.
Some say less than 10% of the population has ever written their goals. I find the process to be very rewarding. It also helps greatly to review these goals often. Daily is best. My company guru and CEO - Gino Blefari - sets a wonderful example of setting (and keeping) goals for his day, month, year and life.
Another effective strategy to achieving goals is to make your goals public - tell a friend, tell a stranger - strangers are much more honest than friends - tell your lover. So, in that light, here are a few of my goals for 2008:
1. Buy another rental home in the Bay Area.
2. Make my real estate blog rank in the top 50 in the country (currently at 110).
3. Teach at least 12 classes in 2008
4. Learn to snowboard as well as I can ski in the next 3 months (IE: not to bruise my butt!)
5. Take two one-week vacations with my kids and leave the BlackBerry OFF
6. Run a marathon with Team in Training in the summer - oh crap!- OK, yes, run a marathon.
I hope you all have a great 2008 - let me know what your goals are and let's achieve them together - Happy New Years!!!